A place to be (re)educated in Newspeak

Monday, October 16, 2006

Why is this blog named this way?

Well, there's the obvious reasons of course. Apart from those, in a previous life I was required to attend JavaOne. I noticed that the room where they handed out goodies to speakers was numbered 101.

Apparently, no one found this disturbing. I guess they haven't come out with "The complete idiot's guide to Orwell for dummies in 21 days" yet.
In any event, I hope to find time to occasionally post thoughts about programming languages and platforms.

8 comments:

Burt said...

I'm curious, and I'm sure many others are too - what will you be working on now that you've left Sun?

Sophia Drossopoulou said...

The reason for the blog name is that you like the BBC show "room 101"

:-)

Sophia

PS. Please, let the public know where you went after SUN

James said...

Hi Gilad...

so, the King is dead: long live Room 101.

(I'm tempted to make jokes about rat-oriented programming but I'm sure I shouldn't).

Calum and Norma said...

www.bracha.org/Site/Bio.html: "Gilad Bracha is a Distinguished Engineer at Cadence Design Systems."

Unknown said...

Will you have some time for StrongTalk now ? Or is your work done there ?

Unknown said...

Could we know why you left Sun?
What a pity ?

Unknown said...

Looks like Sun is encouraging its DEs to
look for other opportunites as it can
is not able to bear them :-) is that
correct ?
What are your thoughts on future of Java?

Blog about everything said...

Very interesting post. If you will need some custom software development in Poland I recommend NEATsoft!